The creeks were running pretty good, so this stuff is definitely on the way out, but there is no doubt in my mind that there will be significant stretches of snow to negotiate if the course is not re-routed. Basically, the north-facing slopes and heavily forested areas above 7,000' are still covered, which means that much of the early going next weekend will still be covered in places and definitely wet. No biggie really. I'm just hoping the course is not re-routed, as I'd really like to experience the route as it has traditionally been run.
Today was a completely different experience. Dana, Alistair, Ian Torrence and I drove down to Foresthill and checked out the driveable parts of the course and the aid areas, and then Ian and I ran the crucial 15-mile section from Foresthill down to the river. The weather was no hotter than 80 degrees, and it was pretty comfortable the whole way as far as heat was concerned. Current forecast for race day is not much hotter, so I think we might be dodging a bullet on that front. River looked good, so I'm betting that we'll be fording rather than sitting in boats, so that's good news too.
Anyway, I'll let the following video (which is long and unedited) do the rest of the talking: